We are careful with any information you provide us.
Mill End is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Mill End may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You can check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 10 May 2018.
How we collect your information and which details we use
We may collect the following information via email enquiry or log in to our Mill End wifi:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests such as email sign-offs
- other information relevant to customer surveys, bookings and/or offers
- you may sign out of our database or request that your details are deleted once your stay at Mill End is over
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping for tracking your booking progress
- communicating with you via email on details of your booking
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, but your information will never be shared with others
- We may include your details in internal groupings of types of guests for future marketing purposes
- If you have opted into receiving our news/offers we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- You may opt out of receiving our news/offers at any time via email and your details will be removed (as long as your stay at Mill End is over)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We never share your details with anyone.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct email marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The General Stores, Mill End, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0HP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you change your mind in the future, here’s how to update your marketing preferences
For emails or SMS
Emails – simply click the unsubscribe link in any email we send out.
SMS – if you already hear from us this way, you’ll find unsubscribe instructions in every message.
Photographic Stills and Video Footage
Photography - all still images have been taken with the express prior permission of the people featured, either verbally, via email or via text or guests own images have been sent to us with their permission to use them in marketing materials and on our website. However, if you see a photograph of yourself on our website which you do not wish to see there, please do contact us and we will remove it.
Video - all video footage has been taken with the prior permission of the groups of guests staying at Mill End or by willing participants in video shoots, again knowing that the outcomes would be used in marketing materials for Mill End - either on our own website or on social media. If you see yourself featured in any video footage which you would prefer not to be public or do not feel that permission was given then please do contact us and we will remove the footage from our files, from our website and from social media.